DSS Job offer
Design & Tech Lead / Instruments Team lead
AT DIGITAL SOCIETY SCHOOL WE BELIEVE THAT OUR DIGITAL SOCIETY CAN BE INCLUSIVE, INTELLIGENT, SUSTAINABLE AND ENGAGING – AND THAT TECHNOLOGY PLAYS A KEY ROLE IN MAKING THAT HAPPEN.
We are looking for a Design & Tech Lead for our “instruments team” an international team of designers and programmers who build tools, platforms and instruments based on open source technology. At Digital Society School we believe that our society can be inclusive, intelligent, sustainable, and engaging – and that technology plays a key role in making that happen.
That’s what Digital Society School is all about. We want to drive necessary global transitions forward. Our role is to educate our partners and colleagues and empower them with the tools to make that much needed transformation happen:
- We advise on, co-create, design, test, develop and maintain products & services to support sustainable digital transformation and innovation;
- We train the professionals & C-suites of tomorrow to tackle systemic change and manage the internal learning management system to make this happen;
- We organise events, masterclasses and courses on sustainability, ethical technology, cybersecurity,privacy, diversity & inclusion; things like the Global Goals Jam, or our online courses;
- We work with partners across the professional spectrum: ING, Heineken, Johan Cruijf Arena, GGD, University of Amsterdam, UNCHR, Gemeente Amsterdam, Amsterdam Economic Board and more!
🔻 In this role, you will
- Lead brief generation, definition and kickoff sessions with clients and internal business partners;
- Execute design (sessions, workshops) at various levels of fidelity and at different stages of the design process;
- Scope budget and time for design & tech projects in collaboration with other team, sales and operations managers;
- Generate, discuss and agree on proposals with prospective clients – in close collaboration with the operations and partnerships leads;
- Conduct (UX) research and utilize best practices to support clients and internal business partners in achieving their transformational goals – and lead to successful delivery of software/services;
- Coach & give workshops to more junior peers within organisation
- Support the C-Suite with (re)defining and operationalising the DSS mission and vision towards design & technology.
- Have 4+ years experience as an Interaction/UX/Service designer, product manager, product owner, creative technologist or similar;
- Are in possession of a degree from a higher education institution in design, digital, ICT, or creative /art science related;
- You are great in operating with design applications;
- You know your way around whiteboarding tools such as MIRO and MURAL and know how to set up workspaces for workshops, brainstorming sessions and similar.
- You have knowledge and understanding of programming languages (examples: Node.js; React.js, TypeScript, SQL/PHP, Python);
- You have excellent time management and planning skills;
- You are fluent in English,(Dutch is a big plus as you work mainly with Dutch partners);
- You are inspired and motivated by driving positive social change in society through design and technology – you want to make a difference;
- You care about the people around you and have a positive attitude that can motivate others to be their best self – no challenge is impossible with the right mindset!
- You have the ability to adapt quickly when necessary, but understand the importance of habits and consistency in the day to day of an organisation.
🔻 What we offer?
🔸What else you need to know
- A contract which comes with all the benefits of working at the HvA;
- Get a chance to help develop and grow our instruments team in close cooperation with our management team;
- The chance to work with amazingly intelligent, committed, driven colleagues who care about solving the big challenges of our time (in areas like Diversity & Inclusion, Sustainability and Digitalisation);
- Learning opportunities to expand your skills set, mindset and go beyond your comfort zone. You’ll get access to a selection of (online) courses, trainings, workshops & events that match your personal development goals;
- Access to our fabulous office in the heart of Amsterdam @ the Amstel campus and to facilities across the city;
- Access to all sorts of software and hardware – VR/AR, ML computers, Arduino kits, or A/V equipment should you wish to experiment beyond your current role and skills set;
- The opportunity to set out a vision for driving socially responsible innovation through design and techSalary scale 11 / CAO HBO.
- All interviews will be conducted in English;
- Desired starting date: 1 November 2022;
- This vacancy has been published simultaneously internally and externally. In the event of equivalent suitability, internal candidates will be given preference over external candidates;
- We apply the AUAS Job Application Code to this vacancy’s recruitment and selection process.
- No (recruitment) agencies please.
We created the concept of tracks – themes that evolve and are shaped based on technology development and social relevance. Our current tracks are: Hybrid Democracy , Digital Twin , EdTech for Social Change , Design Across Cultures