Closing date: 7 May 2023
Digital Producer / Project Manager Digital Society School
AT DIGITAL SOCIETY SCHOOL WE BELIEVE THAT OUR DIGITAL SOCIETY CAN BE INCLUSIVE, INTELLIGENT, SUSTAINABLE AND ENGAGING – AND THAT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY PLAYS A KEY ROLE IN MAKING THAT HAPPEN.
That’s what Digital Society School is all about. In our community, we want to drive necessary global transitions forward. Our role is to train our partners and colleagues and empower them with the tools to make that much needed transformation happen:
- We advise on, co-create, design, test, develop and maintain products & services to support sustainable digital transformation and innovation;
- We train the professionals & C-suites of tomorrow to tackle systemic change and manage the internal learning management system to make this happen;
- We organise events, masterclasses and courses on sustainability, ethical technology, cybersecurity, privacy, diversity & inclusion; things like the Global Goals Jam, or our online courses;
- We work with partners across the professional spectrum: ING, Heineken, Johan Cruijf Arena, GGD, University of Amsterdam, UNCHR, Gemeente Amsterdam, Amsterdam Economic Board and more!
We focus on the Amsterdam Metropole but collaborate globally. Our community and operations span five continents.
What will you do?
You are the go-to-person for the clients of our instruments team, translating their questions into concrete projects together with our self-managing team. Your sixth sense helps you spot problems early on. You keep a clear project administration and represent the client within the project team. Your input has great influence on the result. Meanwhile, like every team member at DSS, you contribute to the constant improvement of our working methods.
The Instruments Team (Design & Tech team). This team operates like an in-house expertise and skill hub – designers, developers, engineers, data/AI geeks – helping organizations to renew or expand their tech & services stack so that transformation goals can be better achieved. This is done either in-company, or together with internal teams.
Next to projects of the instruments team you will also support all the other projects we have at the DSS. It could be projects for marketing, operations & learning experiences.
- Lead brief generation, definition and kickoff sessions with clients and internal business partners
- Scope budget and time for design & tech projects in collaboration with other team, sales and operations managers
- Generate, discuss and agree on proposals with prospective clients – in close collaboration with the operations and partnerships leads
- Keep a clear and structured project administration: financially, time, quality
- Manage contracts and service level agreements (SLAs) with clients
- Getting a grip at the current projects
What can you do?
You have several years of experience as a project manager in serious online projects and have worked according to scrum. You value clarity, structure and clear communication. You feel responsible for the result and monitor planning and budget. Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the following:
- Strong financial & strategic insight
- Great soft skills, peoples project manager
- Orderly work with a clear view of the process
- Persevering, maintaining relationships and convincing
- Communicative, empathic
- At least a completed HBO education. WO is an advantage
- Have 4+ years experience as a project manager / digital producer
- Are in possession of a degree from a higher education institution
- You know your way around whiteboarding tools such as MIRO and MURAL and know how to set up workspaces for workshops, brainstorming sessions and similar.
- You have excellent time management and planning skills.
- Technical knowhow: CMS, frameworks, servers, design tools
- You know the ins- and outs of scrum (design thinking is a plus)
- You are fluent in English and your Dutch is on a professional conversational level
- You are inspired and motivated by driving positive social change in society through design and technology – you want to make a difference.
- You care about the people around you and have a positive attitude that can motivate others to be their best self – no challenge is impossible with the right mindset!
- You have the ability to adapt quickly when necessary, but understand the importance of habits and consistency in the day to day of an organization
- Solutions mentality (hacks), taking ownership
What we offer
- Play an important role in professionalizing the Digital Society School
- The chance to work with amazingly intelligent, committed, driven colleagues who care about solving the big challenges of our time (in areas like Diversity & Inclusion, Sustainability and Digitalisation).
- Learning opportunities to expand your skills set, mindset and go beyond your comfort zone. You’ll get access to a selection of (online) courses, trainings, workshops & events that match your personal development goals;
- Get a chance to help develop and grow our instruments team
- Access to our fabulous office in the heart of Amsterdam @ the Amstel campus and to facilities across the city;
- The opportunity to set out a vision for driving socially responsible innovation through design and tech
- A contract which comes with all the benefits of working at the HvA
- Salary scale 10/11 CAO HBO (depending on experience / seniority)
- Application and selection (apply before the 7th of May)
- Introductory meeting will be on the 9th and 12th of May
- A second interview with several future colleagues
- Terms of employment and offer
Desired starting date: as soon as possible
For questions about the job at the Digital Society School, you can reach out to: Jeroen van Wijck, Director of Operations. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org