This episode of the #21for21 podcast is, in one word, beautiful. Listen to it and find out why!
🚀 Alan Moore tells us he is ready for a future in which “we regenerate and reimagine, redesign and rebuild the world that we’ve currently got. Based on a framework of reciprocity and generosity. Collectively, we have the capacity to do this together.” 🌏
Alan talks with Marco and Carola about creativity, design, wholesomeness, integral stories, joyful experiences and beauty in the context of business.
- 🎤 “Beauty is a universal homecoming for us all.”
- 🎤 “There is so much more richness we can bring to the frame of design and design thinking (other than the mere rational one). It is a matter of asking the right questions.”
- 🎤 “My invitation to businesses out there is: if you are not thinking about how you bring the good into the world, … then you’re not really in business. You’re not serving in ways that you should do. And this is connected to notions of leadership.”
- 🎤 “What does the world need? We need a return to equilibrium of economy and ecology and society.”
Listen to the episode below 👇 🎧
About Alan Moore
Alan Moore is a designer and business innovator on a mission to help businesses discover their own unique beauty.
Working directly with companies and organisations, Alan mentors teams and individuals, delivers inspirational leadership programmes, and advises clients on how to design and build a regenerative business. Alan has shared his knowledge in the form of board and advisory positions, and has taught in institutions including MIT, the Sloan School of Management and INSEAD.
Alan is the author of four books on creativity and business transformation, including Do Design: Why beauty is key to everything (Do Books, 2016). He has spoken at The Do Lectures, SXSW and the Hay Literary Festival and has featured in the media.
Alan still works as an artist. Every day, he tries to lead his life as beautifully as he possibly can.
You can find out more on his website: beautiful.business
Links and more
- School for Beautiful Business Leadership Course
- Do Design. Why beauty is key to everything
- Exploring beauty as an idea and practice a series of interviews
- Do Build. How to make and lead a business the world needs
- CEO GUIDE
- What does the world need? film