Episode 11 – Minnie Moll
A fascinating new episode of the #21for21 podcast 🚀 🌏 with Minnie Moll, currently chief executive of the UK Design Council.
Minnie talks with Marco and Carola about the role of design, creativity and innovation in the light of ‘Design for Planet’ and the role of business as a force for transformation.
- 🎤 The covid pandemic shows us the impact that something invisible can have on our lives. This is truly globally, experiencing this at the same time. This makes very tangible the sense of one planet, one world, one people.
- 🎤 Design for Planet is about a holistic sense of sustainability and planetary needs. Focusing on net zero and carbon reduction is not enough.
- 🎤 Wow the difference that design thinking could make to organisations!!
- 🎤 We need vision and leadership for transformation. The vision has to be shared. And leadership doesn’t necessarily come from the person who has leadership in the title.
- 🎤 Good design is inclusive design. And the more diversity you have in the team, the wider your peripheral vision and the more tuned-in you are.
- 🎤 Now is design’s time because it is unequivocally going to be critical moving forward. Design shapes the world.
Listen to the episode below 👇 🎧
About Minnie Moll
Minnie Moll is the Chief Executive of Design Council. She was previously Chief Executive of Jarrold Retail in Norwich. Her other roles have included Joint Chief Executive of the East of England Co-op, Executive Director of Marketing at Notcutts Garden Centres, Global Marketing Director of leading innovation company ?What If!, and Managing Partner of advertising agency HHCL.
Minnie was voted Vistage Business Leader of the Year in 2020 and listed as one of the 100 Most Inspirational Women in Suffolk and Norfolk in 2018. She was appointed by HRH Prince Charles in 2016 as his Ambassador for Responsible Business in the East of England as part of Business in the Community. Minnie has been a board member of two Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) and a Town Deals Board. She is currently an Ambassador for the charity Fresh Start – new beginnings.
Links and more