Map That Trash! Summer School
This two-week summer school is specifically developed for the École supérieure d’informatique, électronique, automatique (ESIEA), which is a French engineering school.
What you will learn
- how to make visualisations
- how to use illustrator to make stylistic choices
- specialised visualisations
- clean and manipulate data
- learn advanced methods to deal with classification errors
- basics of artificial intelligence
- basics of computer vision
Skills you will master
- Design Thinking
- SCRUM / SCREAM!
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Visualisation
- Sustainable Development Goals
The assignment will be around collecting data by taking images of garbage in the city of Amsterdam. You’ll do this by biking around in the seven city districts of the Amsterdam. While doing so, your GPS coordinates will be mapped. At the end of the two weeks, you have created for each city district an overview of where garbage is a challenge to deal with for the city.
Duration: 15 – 24 July (2 weeks)
Location: Eerste Boerhaavestraat 33E, 1091 RZ Amsterdam
Daily schedule: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Fee for students and recent graduates: 500 Euro
What’s included: a lot of fun and getting to know the city of Amsterdam