Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS), Faculty of Digital Media and Creative Industries, is currently looking to fill the following vacancy for the Digital Society School (DSS)
Online Marketeer (0,6 fte) – Digital Society School
Digital Society School
At the Digital Society School (DSS) we believe that everyone should benefit from the on-going digitisation of our society.
We are a growing multidisciplinary community that connects companies, business professionals, students, educators and researchers. Together we experiment with the latest technologies and the integration of technology in people’s lives, companies and our society. While empowering people by training them with the technical, social and creative skills needed, we positively affect business outcomes through innovation and at the same time shape a digital, inclusive and sustainable society.
We are looking for an experienced Online Marketeer with a passion for digital transformation and who wants to have a positive impact on society. Your goal is to build & grow the Digital Society School’s brand, generate leads and bring in individual course participants by continuously improving our paid/email marketing activities and the use of marketing analytics and technology. In this role you are part of the Digital Society School’s Sales & Marketing team and work closely together with our Content Marketeer.
For this position, it’s essential to be up-to-date with new technologies and online marketing tactics. Ultimately, you should be able to contribute to our company’s digital footprint, brand awareness and course participants. You will in short be responsible for:
- Set-up, test, analyse and optimize our online advertising (search, display and social);
- Create, distribute, analyse and optimize our email-marketing activities (together with our Content Marketeer);
- Grow both quantity and quality of our database via lead generation activities;
- Create dashboards and conduct analyses that support data-driven decision making;
- Plan, execute and evaluate A-B tests to optimize ads, emails and landing pages;
- Take responsibility for the technical part of SEO;
- Improve the use of current marketing technology and recommend new technology.
- A HBO (higher vocational training) diploma or higher;
- 5+ years’ experience as Online Marketeer;
- In-depth understanding of online advertising (social, display and search), email marketing and SEO;
- Experienced in optimizing landing pages and conducting A/B tests;
- Experienced in building dashboards and affinity with marketing technology;
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mind-set;
- Affinity with digital transformation;
- Good organisation and planning skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch.
Talent as a basis, diversity as a strenght
The AUAS wants to be an organization in which everyone feels welcome, appreciated and at home. As an employer, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can perform as a knowledge institution of and for the city. We therefore strive to see the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives that Amsterdam has to offer reflected in the workforce of our university. If you have tips on how we can improve our communication in the field of diversity and inclusion, let us know.
What we offer
This position is initially temporary, with the possibility of a permanent year position upon demonstration of satisfactory performance. The activities meet the job description for Communicatiemedewerker 1 within the AUAS job classification system. This appointment is made at an entry level and the salary comes under pay scale 9, (CAO HBO, collective labour agreement for universities of applied sciences). The position is 0,6 fte.
AUAS offers an extensive package of employee benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and payment of a 13th month. Via the AUAS Academy, AUAS also offers excellent opportunities for study and personal development.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Jadine van Ooijen (Business Development Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about the DSS in general you can contact Jurriën Wind (Head of Operations) via email@example.com.
Please click on the link below to submit an online application. Applications submitted directly to the point of contact or in any other manner will not be processed.
Important: This vacancy will be open for two weeks. Closing date: 14 March 2021