Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS), Faculty of Digital Media and Creative Industries, is currently looking to fill the following vacancy for the Digital Society School:
Digital Transformation Designer / Project facilitator and coach (0,8-1,6 fte)
for the Track Digital Twin
at Digital Society School
Digital Society School
Digital Society School (DSS) builds learning experiences that uses digital transformation to contribute to positive impact on a sustainable society. With these learning experiences, we empower and connect people from diverse disciplines, cultures and generations. In co-creation with a variety of organisations we build and create an inclusive community of transformation leaders.
DIGITAL TWIN TRACK
The idea of a digital twin, a virtual representation of an object, a person or a process, is not new. But the application of advanced big data analytics and AI might turn it into a truly disruptive technology. What happens when digital twins are linked to the real world, real people, real processes, real-time for monitoring and control?
Who will be using this technology and for what purposes?
How do we interact with digital twins?
Will we be in control, or will digital twins control us?
The representative and predictive powers of digital twins are expected to be massive. How will Digital Twins impact society? What are the ethical implications? Trend reports and consultancy firms are listing Digital Twins as a key strategic technology trend. Whilst tech companies, and the healthcare industry is heavily investing in these new trends, there is still limited attention from academic and applied universities. At Digital Society School, we will explore how new trends like Digital Twin in tech and society can contribute to a sustainable and inclusive society.
As a Digital Transformation Designer, you will be responsible for the overall supervision, evaluation and coaching of 2 teams of trainees, who will be will be working in 20-week projects with external partners from different industries, ranging from health care, fashion to smart cities and infrastructure on various Digital Twin projects. You will actively contribute to the completion of these projects. You will work together with the Instruments Team, a team of designers and developer, to create and design tools and applications yourself.
Beside managing our 20-week projects, you will assist and/or execute track related workshops for trainees and contribute to in-company trainings for our partners and the DSS-courses for professionals.
Main activities and responsibilities
In supervision, evaluation and coaching:
- overall responsibility for 1 or 2 groups of trainees (10 people), who will be working in 20-week projects;
- individual evaluation and monitoring of the trainees;
- active participation in the trainees’ project.
In project administration and management:
- communication with international and national project partners;
- recruitment & selection of trainees;
- project progress monitoring;
- communication via DSS content and marketing channels;
- preparation and processing of technical reports;
- maintenance and update of project/track web page;
- organization of teleconferences / project meetings / workshops / conferences.
In training people and organisations
- contribute to the development of workshops and courses in collaboration with the programme manager;
- train and/or assist in workshops and courses for DSS-trainees and professionals about topics related to the track.
In designing & creating
- turning ideas into reality by creating prototypes;
- experimenting with emerging technology by creating demos and applications;
Education, Experience and Skills (essential)
- Master degree in digital design, AI, Computer Science or related fields;
- Experience in and passion for one of the specific industries where digital twin technology is applied, such as health care, biotech, fashion, transportation, architecture etc.
- A critical mind set and a demonstrable focus on responsible innovation;
- 2 years of experience in project management, facilitation or coaching design teams;
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken);
- Result driven;
- Tech and makers skills
- Responsibility, flexibility, ability to work both in teams and independently;
- Ability to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
Education, Experience and Skills (desired)
- Proficiency in Dutch language;
- Basic design research skills;
- Strong communication skills (speaking and writing in formal and informal situations),
- Presentation and organisational skills;
What we offer
This position is a two year position. The activities meet the combined job description Teaching/Research Assistantwithin the AUAS job classification system. Salary comes under pay scale 9, (CAO HBO, collective labour agreement for universities of applied sciences). For the position we offer 0,6-0,8 fte.
AUAS offers an extensive package of employee benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and payment of a 13th month. Via the AUAS Academy, AUAS also offers excellent opportunities for study and personal development.
For more information about the Track Digital Twin please contact Ellen ter Gast firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the link below to submit an online application. Applications submitted directly to the point of contact or in any other manner will not be processed.
Important: This vacancy will be open for three weeks. Closing date November 20th:
The interviews will be scheduled on November 25 and 26. The starting date of this position is February 1st. 2021.
More information concerning the Digital Society School: www.digitalsocietyschool.org